Archive for the ‘audio’ Category
We’re holding a contest where you can help us design the new banner for our website! Download the current banner here and then add something relevant to our show in the space next to the dragon logo. Our favorite banner(s) will be added to the website!
- Updating our website
- Crazy people at Starbucks
- Update on stuff that came over the fence
- Some people need to be assigned person assistants in order to live in the world
- Syrian’s president used 12345 as his e-mail password
- Donkey punch:
A solo show.
We don’t like where we live anymore and we want to move. Also, an update on the eBay guitar situation.
- The horror of curly-cord headphones
- Voice mail from Nathan
- Jen’s participating in National 10-Haiku-Per-Day Month and so can you
- Jen is also now writing for Geek News Central
- An update on that guitar I bought on eBay
- Madonna and M.I.A. at the Super Bowl, no sympathy for Chris Brown, some thoughts on the deaths of Whitney Houston and Davy Jones
- Dude has an actual heart attack at Heart Attack Grill, cartoon robot Bender wins hacked election, dating sites “accidentally” used an image of a dead soldier in some of their ads
- Music by Evil Scarecrow
- Feedback, e-mail, like us on Facebook
We went to a new grocery store last weekend. I’m keeping track of my blood pressure with help from my many Apple devices. I’m taking guitar lessons. Also, I have psychological issues. We tried covering a story about pig decals on cop cars. But it didn’t work. I bought a new guitar. It has problems. We played a cool song by Peter Block. Then, how breasts save lives.
More audience failure regarding our Facebook page. Speaking of the Facesbook, we got a scoop on our page about the future (?) of the Intellectually Shallow show. We talked about a local production we saw of Avenue Q. I filed our taxes last week. In related news, here’s our tip jar. Jen read a story about a peanut-butter/chocolate covered burglar. I read an article about huge Chinese billboards that used images of Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and President Obama. Jen went over a story about how meetings make you dumb. We played a cool alt-country flavored track by Genevieve Maynard and the Tallboys. Then, we finished up this episode with some listener feedback.
Today’s show began with an obligatory update on our new Facebook page. To summarize: Our audience has failed us AGAIN. Tic-Tac’s – only two calories! All other breath mints = way too complicated. Jen read a story about a mayor who had many tacos delivered to him. Along with a followup about a resigning police chief. Then I wondered if podcasting with wet hair would cause you to catch pneumonia (and/or WINTER’S DISEASE!). We looked at a story about a girl who was hospitalized after eating chicken nuggets every day for her entire life. From there, we found out that New Jersey governor Chris Christie has a “different” take on names of endearment. We played a rockin’ track by Thunder Driver. Then we finished things out with a list of Star Trek deleted scenes.
Podcasting licenses! We got ‘em? Our new Facebook page is here! You best be liking it. (Also, Jen is not pregnant.) Tho, you may want to get on that before Anonymous shuts Facebook down. We talked about this Paula Dean news you’ve all heard about and we don’t need to link to (especially since Jen decided to play Diablo 3 instead of sending me the link for the show notes). Some dudes in Texas made their own AT&T truck so they could use it to deliver pot. Then it was time for some pokey-pokey talk. That’s pretty much it. Except for our Facebook page. Don’t forget about that.
Our studio is still in a bit of a transitional phase right now. But we still recorded a podcast, just like we said we would. Today’s episode is powered by listener comments. Thanks to Nathan, Colin, David, Laura and yarnspinner for their feedback. Here’s the list of for-sale items I mentioned towards the end of the show:
- Giant Squid microphone
- XBox 360
- Tascam FW-1884 mixer
- Canon camcorder
- Gemini direct drive turntable
- Radio Shack integrated stereo amplifier
- newerTech 250 GB external hard drive/usb (and firewire) hub
e-Mail us if you’re interested in purchasing any of these items.